Sedation dentistry is used to provide a relaxing and anxiety-free experience for those who feel frightened and nervous about visiting the dentist. It’s very common to be a little nervous about your dental visit, but for some people it becomes a real problem, known as dental phobia. Some patients often avoid, postpone, or even skip their dental appointments all together, which can over the years damage their oral and general health.
Cosmetic and Restorative Dentist Dr. Gerald A. Clark, DDS and staff can help you overcome your dental anxiety and make your dental visit relaxing, comfortable, and even enjoyable.
At our dental office we use the latest sedation dentistry techniques, including:
- Nitrous oxide, also known as “laughing gas”, which is famous for being very safe, non-toxic, and commonly used for providing a more relaxing dental experience due to its anesthetic and analgesic effects
- Oral premedication, including sedative pills, which helps you feel more comfortable and at ease before and during the procedure
- Sedation dentistry with an on-site anesthesiologist, also known as “sleep dentistry”, which is used for patients with severe dental phobia
- Treating our patients with their favorite beverage, a warm blanket, the latest magazine to read, and a wide selection of music to enjoy while receiving their dental treatment
- Plenty of hand holdings for everyone who feels nervous or apprehensive about their dental treatment
- Sedation dentistry is commonly used for patients who have:
- Anxiety and fear of dental procedures
- Multiple or complex dental problems, requiring extensive treatment time
- Difficulty staying numb
- Severe gag reflex, which can interfere with some dental treatment procedures
Or for anyone who wants to make their dental experience more relaxing and enjoyable!